Saturday, June 30, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
Monday, June 25, 2007
We got the new part for the Christmas Mystery this morning. Since I had just finished part 6, I just continued on with the snowflakes. Here's a picture of one corner with the holly leaves and berries, and the snowflake. The picture is a bit bright..
Posted by Michele at 10:27 AM
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Ta Da!! ...and with a few days to spare until the next part comes out!! This is Mystery X, Parts 1-6, by Chatelaine. It's done! It's done!! (through part 6, anyway!!) I added all the beads that were required with the exception of all the middle crystals and the cubes for Part 6. I've added a portion of the crystals and beads for the center. Other than those....everything else is complete!!
Woohoo!! It feels good to be caught up for a change on a mystery.
Saturday, June 23, 2007
OMG, Look at what my friend, Isabelle, sent to me. Everything is placed upon a French toile fabric that is absolutely gorgeous! I know what this fabric is going to be used for already...
There is more fabric....lace that is beautiful...the strawberry pins....the ladybug pins (did I mention I love ladybugs?) and the silks!! Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! I love it all!
Thursday, June 21, 2007
It's a scissor pocke! I saw a picture of a finishing like this one on Becky B's Stitching Hive. I think it turned out cute.:) The design is a Prairie Schooler freebie ~ Birdhouse. I used some Vikki Clayton silks I had to stitch it on 36 count Pearled Barley Lakeside Linen.
Monday, June 18, 2007
Friday, June 15, 2007
Not too much to stitching done today. But I had a productive trip to JoannEtc. today. I bought a few fat quarters for some of my finishing. I got some nice braids, ribbons (check out the ladybug one!) and tassels. The tin with the quilt design on it with the little windows holds pins (really for quilting) that I just couldn't pass by!
Posted by Michele at 2:44 PM
Thursday, June 14, 2007
Well...I was put in the Christmas mood yesterday by a friend who was going to work on a Christmas piece. I started this one...and finished it all in the same day! This is a Mary Beale Christmas ornament design stitched on 40 count Light Exemplar Lakeside Linen. I substituted all the DMC threads with almost all Crescent Colors, with just two Gentle Arts Sampler Threads.
This just turned out too nice (and tiny!) :}
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Edited to take out large pictures, since a lot of the details were much too visible.
For the most part, this is a nice piece to stitch. There is quite a bit of over one lettering, and special stitches galore. I'm especially fond of the little beehives toward the bottom. Plenty of little bees everywhere!
Oh, and the misspellings were part of the chart. Unless, of course, it is a take on some "old" English with which I'm not familiar.
She's finally done! Only took me....well...let's just say I started her when she first came out. This was originally a class piece for a Shepherds Bush Retreat in 2000. I think the chart for everyone else came out a year or two later. Can't remember exactly when, but...it's been awhile:) I loved this piece when it first came out, but just couldn't seem to finish it for one reason or another. But ~ she's done now! The picture at the top is the entire piece, with a close up of my "Queen Bee" here.
~ Edited to change the size of the pictures. ~
Monday, June 11, 2007
Here's my Merry Cox "From Merry's Heart" Share Thy Bounty Box. I stitched this box in 2003 and just started the finishing on it this year. The smalls that accompany the box were done between 2003 and 2006. So....I did put the years 2003-2006 on the bottom of the box, even though the sampler and sides say "2003." I tried to follow the directions that came with the chart, but I wasn't happy with the way the box looked. I combined some of Merry's finishing with Judy Odell's finishing techniques to get my final result. Not perfect, but much better than my original attempt. It was a bit more difficult, since the sides and top are all one piece and not broken down into separate parts.
Friday, June 8, 2007
....and because he was walking all over everything while I was trying to get a picture of my mystery, here's Klawd.....
Here's my Mystery X, WIP. This is the first house of four. I've added the beads just below the house, as well as the beads on the gates.
Thursday, June 7, 2007
Tuesday, June 5, 2007
When I named my blog, I was thinking more in terms of what I've done over the years with "a simple thread." From cross stitch, to machine sewing, hardanger, needlepoint, all basically with "a simple thread."
Today, my fondness for "a simple thread" definitely got me into trouble....stash trouble, that is:))
See what happens when you go to the LNS for "a simple thread"......I came away with quite a few "threads" and such.
Sunday, June 3, 2007
Saturday, June 2, 2007
I finished up my Quaker Stocking tonight. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. This isn't the best picture....but....Ta Da!!
I backed it with some pretty Blackbird Designs quilt fabric and lined it with an old fashioned type print fabric.
Friday, June 1, 2007
With just a few minutes to spare before the month was over, I finished Part 5 of Mystery X (Chatelaine Designs). I don't know why it took me so long to finish this part, it really is pretty.
Still have quite a few beads to do from the previous parts. Since they will be in the way for Part 6, I'll probably wait to do them until I finish the new part.