.....it all began with one thread....















Sunday, September 25, 2011

. . .running in circles. . .

OK, I am having waay too much fun with my GoBaby! fabric cutter from Accuquilt.  I needed the die with the circles for some flowers in my little garden project.  I stopped at Bears Paw Fabrics on Friday and picked one up, along with some more colors of beautiful wool felt.  I was almost out of black, so I bought a little (a yard!) of that, too.  I worked on getting a few little flowers ready for one of my garden blocks.  It was ready in no time at all with the GoBaby! (not affiliated, just really like it so far).

The instructions say that you can cut up to 6 layers of cotton fabric at once.  For the wool felt I found that 3 layers is best.  For years now, I have been wanting to make a penny rug...you know one of those mats with tons of circles made out of wool felt?  Well,  with a little bit of cutting, about an hour's worth, here's what I had:

Doesn't look like much at this point, does it?  But after playing around with my circles for a few minutes, here's what I have now:
Looks a lot better...but now comes the blanket stitching to make all my circles into a pretty wool mat!
(I did take this picture mainly so I would have something to refer to in the event all my rows get disturbed....not mentioning any names...(Klawd).....)

1 comment:

Melody said...

These look wonderful.