.....it all began with one thread....















Tuesday, January 24, 2012

~ All Done!! ~

Phew!! Yeah! My third and final Henrietta Whiskers is done! First, there was the blue version...(which went to Bears Paw Fabrics as a shop model). Then there was my red version. And now....ta da!!! My pink one!

The main reason it has taken me so long to finish it was the outer border. I could not find I fabric that was 'just right.' I like this one...it has a very subtle stripe, which I placed horizontally for the borders.

One change I made was to add an extra Henrietta on the bottom border.  She was also given the largest acorn of all!

Second, I  made a four-patch block for the corners instead of the square in a square.

A major PINK Happy Dance!!

3 comments:

Siobhán said...

Soooo pretty, Michele! Great job.

Nicola said...

Congratulations on finishing a beautiful quilt. It can be hard to find the right material sometimes but it is worth all the trouble when you have it.

Giovanna said...

What a lovely quilt, Michele - congratulations!