.....it all began with one thread....















Friday, September 6, 2013

The Enchanted Garden

The Enchanted Garden is another freebie BOM that I have been working on lately. By Shabby Home, this one includes patchwork, applique and some embroidery.  Check it out here

Initially, I tried to make mine in similar colors to the original.  But, I was not very happy with my results.  So, I decided to try something else.  I have used some of my Japanese fabrics, some Lynette Anderson fabrics and a few others.  Luckily, I had a very large piece of linen fabric that was originally intended for another project I decide not to complete.

This is the upper left section.  So far, there are four blocks for the top row.  Here's the next one:
 







And another:


And the final section:
 
Lots of little petals and leaves for that middle section.  Now to wait for the next part. :)

No comments: