.....it all began with one thread....















Monday, September 7, 2009

Christmas and Mermaids

Christmas and mermaids have absolutely nothing in common except for the fact that I worked on projects with both themes the past couple of days. First ~ my first block for the Bunny Hill Vintage Christmas quilt. I will have three red buttons at the top between the clusters of holly leaves.
Second ~ my Mermaid Sampler by Weihenburg Designs. There are three choices for this design: A very large sampler with a verse, a band sampler or the one I am doing, the square one without the verse.

I decided to use DMC color variations 4030 since the blues, turquoises and greens reminded of things related to the sea. It is stitched on 32 count Belfast Flax linen.


Now, tell me, are those two little critters, octopus or jellyfish? :)

3 comments:

Gabi said...

What a gorgeous sampler Michele. I love Wiehenburg samplers. It will be a pleasure to see this one grow.
Your quilted house looks fantastic.

Deb said...

Good question - I'm going to say they're octopii, but yet, who knows. I love Wiehenburg samplers, but haven't checked out the board in a while. I think I'm going to have to do that because I'm really loving your sampler so far.

And I love, love your quilt block. I've been following that BOM and it's just the cutest piece. Your block is looking fantastic.

Isabelle said...

Your christmas block is really lovely Michele :well done !!!
and another start ...I can't wait to see more ....