.....it all began with one thread....















Sunday, July 29, 2012

Seeing red

Hmmmm.....not what you might be thinking....but lots of pretty, red fabrics!  Just a small sampling of the assortment of fabrics I will be using in something new.

Don't you just love the tan with the little red reindeer?  More red reindeer to follow.....

I am having my own Christmas in July (well, it's almost over, but I did start this in July).  Bronwyn Hayes of Red Brolly is offering a free pattern called The Wish Quilt on her blog.  This is a gorgeous Christmas- themed quilt, with stitchery blocks, applique and patchwork.  Seriously, check it out, especially if you love red and white quilts.

Here's my first block, which no sooner was it on her blog, than it was started!

I decided to use red wool felt for the appliqued reindeer, stitched with a blanket stitch:

I decided to use red wool felt for the center of the heart appliques, as well. 

See?  Stocking up on those Christmas fat quarter bundles was a good thing! LOL!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Yep, definitely was a good thing to stock up on those. I just love the fabrics you're using with your stitcheries :)

Carrie P. said...

so cute. love those reindeer. I am off to see the link

Siobhán said...

Beautiful!! Your embroidery panel is amazing--all of it is! Lovely work, Michele.

Patty C. said...

Isn't this just an awesome freebie - Your progress is perfect !! Have fun

Anne Marieke said...

That's so gorgeous!
And very quick too :o)

Darlene said...

Oh my, I have plans to make this beauty, as well. Need to get started and soon. Love your idea to use wool felt for the reindeer and such. :-)