Thursday, August 30, 2007
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Well, I made a decision on what to start. I've decided to work on my Needle Guardian by Teresa Wentzler. It's not really a new start...but there is barely anything done on it, other than two sides of the outer border. I'm calling this a 'barely started - new start.' :} I didn't work on it, since I didn't have most of the threads. I made a trip to Michael's today for the floss, and have started on it (again). So it is an official "start" now!
Monday, August 27, 2007
OK, I'm on a roll. I have finished up three things in the past two days that I started a while ago. So, I met my goal of finishing up five things in order to have a new start;}
So now to decide what to start....such a dilemma!!
This is a Sweetheart Tree Design...lots of backstitching and quarter stitches. I think this is the first one of ST that I've actually stitched. This was a kit from the Knocker series. This will definitely get finished as a hanging type ornament, to hang near my "stitching nest."
I am trying to finish up a few pieces that I have that are just "so close" to being done. Of course, there are a ton more that I want to start, so I am trying something new and will "reward" myself with a new start after so many of these little finishes.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Here's my little Sampler Lady. I stitched her on 36 count Lakeside Linen's Bittersweet. She turned out really cute. I am thinking of making her into a small stand-up or flatfold. For this one, I only stitched the lady, not the entire sampler.
Thanks, Carol, for the extra thread!! (it doesn't match exactly, but it's close enough!)
We received Part 9 of the Christmas Mystery yesterday from Martina. This part was pretty easy and quick for a change. Just a lot of stitches to fill in on the star.
It's hard to believe there are only three more parts!(excuse that stray gold thread on the edge of the star...it's just a piece that had been cut off.)
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Finally finished the stitching on this one today, although I started it quite a while ago. I used Dower Linen, Sunflower Seed. This is the pinkeep pattern from The Gift of Stitching Magazine for Little House Needleworks. I will probably finish it into a pinkeep. I stitched it with all Crescent Color threads instead of the DMC's recommended.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Here's my Part 2 for the Tuscany Garden by Chatelaine. I will add the beads for this part at a later date. Since I use a small hoop, it becomes difficult to move it around with the beads in the way. I'll probably add them after the center portion is complete.
Saturday, August 18, 2007
That's what I just finished this morning ~ Cherries by Little House Needleworks. I decided to make it into a pinkeep (even though it is a bit large, since it was done on 28 count). I made a pocket for the back to put scissors (or whatever will fit :}). And here's the back.....
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
The front panel of my Charland Designs' Haunted House, that is. This is working up pretty quick.
Not too happy with the Jubilee fabric; it's a bit too thick. Still, the house is cute, so far:)
Here's something I unearthed while looking for something else. I was originally going to finish this as a small bellpull. Still might.... It's cute....don't know what I would do with it if I did "finish" it. Maybe a gift....