Thursday, March 29, 2012
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
Liebster is a German word meaning favourite, dearest or beloved. The Liebster Blog Award is awarded by bloggers to other new bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers, to help spread the word about their blogs and to help them gain wider recognition.
The Liebster award comes with four conditions that each recipient must satisfy when accepting:
1. Choose 5 up-and-coming blogs with less than 200 followers to award the Liebster to.
2. Show your thanks to the blogger who gave you the award by linking back to them.
3. Post the award on your blog. List the bloggers you are giving the award to with links to their sites. Leave comments on their blog so they know about the award.
4. Share 5 random facts about yourself that people don't know about you.
OK, #2 and #3 - done. Now choosing 5 blogs...very difficult, but I will give it a try:
1. Anne Marieke
2. Giovanna (although I am not sure how many followers she may have)
3. and here is where I got stuck. Evidently, out of all the blogs I read, there are none that have less than 200 followers. This is the best I can do for now..sorry.:(
Now five facts about myself...
1. I love white chocolate (I know, I know, it's not really 'chocolate'...but it sure tastes good!)
2. I hate lines...at the grocery store, the bank, etc.
3. I am half German. My mother was born in Berlin, and married my father during the Korean Conflict.
4. I went to art school for one year. (Would have gone longer, but that's what my parents could afford at the time.
5. I have a very good friend I have known since Kindergarten. (Waving 'hi!' to Helen!)
OK, that's it for now...that was tougher than I thought it would be.
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Sunday, March 18, 2012
I have thoroughly enjoyed working on the first applique block for Forget Me Not by Esther Aliu. Another freebie BOM! I had to make a choice between a peony and the sunflower. I really did like the peony, as well. Both are gorgeous.
This is sort of a 'rough draft' as far as the outside border goes. At this point, it is unknown what the frame of the block looks like, since this is a mystery BOM. However, in the pattern sheet for the blocks, it shows an arch. I made a temporary kind of arch, so I could get an idea of how the finished block might look. The fabric with the block at this point, is not the one I intend to use for the frame. These were leftover pieces from cutting the sashing.
Saturday, March 17, 2012
I did not realize until I looked at the date, that it has been a week since I posted anything! The reason, however, is because Esther Aliu's newest mystery BOM, Forget Me Not, Block 2, came out this week. Actually, the project started in February, but did not have any actual 'work' involved for Block 1, other than deciding on fabrics for the various borders and background.
For my block, I chose the sunflower. Sunflowers are pretty abundant here in Maryland. I have always had a fondness for them, so my choice was simple. The block is not complete, as yet. However, here are a few shots of what I have accomplished as of today.
Saturday, March 10, 2012
Off to work on another one of my Block of the Month's!
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Maybe it's the hint of spring in the air; it has certainly perked me up a bit. I worked on quite a few things the last couple of days. I finished attaching the binding for my Bewitched quilt. I still have to take pictures, but will have to take Blessings of Spring down off my quilt rack/shelf first. :)
Since it's release I have been working on Raining Cats and Dogs by Anne Sutton of Bunny Hill Designs. I am up to date on this one, with only the applique remaining for Block 4. Here are a few pictures. I (once again) have to apologize for the wrinkles. I have had these put away since completing them in the past few months. I kept forgetting to take pictures for this project.
Friday, March 2, 2012
I absolutely, positively LOVE picking up a finished quilt from the quilter! The only part left to be done was the binding....took me a day and a half, for some reason,.and...Drum roll, please........
My Blessings of Spring:
My "Bewitched" quilt has been quilted, too! I still have to attach and hand stitch the binding in place for it. I have to say it again...I LOVE picking up my "quilt" when the quilting is done! :))