.....it all began with one thread....















Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow

...and more snow....and more snow.  After receiving about two feet of snow the other day, today there is another storm with more snow falling...high winds expected later (hopefully - no power will be lost - crossing fingers now!)...

It only seemed appropriate to work on my second block for the Bunny Hill Snowbound (ha, ha) quilt.   Still working on that one.  But I did also work on the Irish chain blocks that will be between each snowman block.  I still have two more "rows" around the block to complete on thirteen of these squares...but here's a peek at them, so far:

I did scatter them about a bit...but you can see the cream colored polka dot in this photo as well as the cute red and cream print I am using. (Please excuse the threads on the squares...they will be trimmed after the final two borders are attached.)

5 comments:

Sharlotte said...

The fabrics for these blocks are awesome! This is going to be really really great.Well , it already is great , but you know what I mean! :)

corinna said...

hi michelle
stay warm and stitchy
your quilt will be nice
and your stitching from the previous posts is lovely

"hibernation stitches"

Ineke said...

Lovely colours you use for the Irish Chain blocks. I am looking forward to see the snowmen between them.

Berit said...

Very pretty. Love the white polka dots on cream fabric. :)

Gabi said...

I love your Irish chains. Looks beautiful. I didn't do much about these yet. Looking forward to see your second block (which I yet have to start too)