.....it all began with one thread....















Thursday, January 12, 2012

Country Cottages

My first Country Cottages BOM block!  This is a free pattern offered by Shabby Fabrics.  The free blocks will be available either through Shabby Fabrics website or on the blog link above. 

The original block size is larger than mine.  I made my pattern a bit smaller.  My blocks will be approximately 8".  I wanted to make them a bit smaller this time, since I have so many larger BOM's on the go right now. 

I did make a few changes...the snowman's eyes and mouth...the center of the snowflakes (I used snowflake buttons), wool felt for the curved border under the roof, and outlining my windows so they would stand out a bit more against my background fabric.

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Beautiful. Shabby Fabrics is my favourite quilting store.

Kelli said...

I love your muted colors! Thanks for sharing about the new BOM!

Thomasina said...

I just love all the quilts you do. Beautiful colors. I need to try my hand at some of these projects.