.....it all began with one thread....















Thursday, May 17, 2012

Let's see...

what do you think of this?  I have completely changed my mind about what I was going to do for Annabelle's border.  I removed the blue border, since I was not completely satisfied with it, for some reason.  It looked fine...but it was one of those things....just kept bugging me.  The white does show off the little flowers much better.  I am also going to make the binding out of the pink stripe fabric I used for the scalloped border, cutting it on the bias. (That green dot border is straight..I have this hanging with magnets on my refrigerator door...and it was sagging a bit here.   Hmmm...maybe I should ask for a design wall as a gift ;)   )

Annabelle's Border

The heart flower will have a button placed on top of the blue circle.  Those blue eraseable marker lines will be embroidered.  Oh, and all those little blue dots on the scalloped border will have small white buttons attached in the marked places.  Here's a shot of the corner...
Border Corner
...and another one to the left of the heart flower.  The heart flower will be repeated at the center of each side.
Annabelle's Corner
So...now you know where I've been!

5 comments:

Deb said...

That border is just so sweet!! I think you made the right choices here. It's really wonderful. I would love to see the whole quilt when it's finished.

Lynn S said...

I do like the blue in the arches--the change you made will work wonderfully. So so cute!

Glenda said...

This is perfect, the little heart flowers are delightful Annabella will love them!!!!!!!Cheers Glenda

Darlene said...

Love what you're doing - the changes are fabulous. If you're happy then we're happy.

Sandi said...

It looks like you've had lots of fun playing with your fabrics, Annabelle has a lovely frame to show her off.

Can hardly wait for the final reveal. Hope you are enjoying the designing process.