.....it all began with one thread....















Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Switching Gears




(again!)....I have been wanting to do some actual "quilting" on the quilt tops that I have completed. Out came Bunny Run...a little stipple quilting...a little outline quilting...and some background fill-in with the checkerboard quilting....

Isn't it funny how you forget? I honestly do not know why I stopped quilting so many years ago...I do like it. Buying the fabric...all the new gadgets....the patterns...assembling....hmmmmm....maybe it had something to do with how much I was spending on it! :))

But ~ my favorite part? The actual quilting....not necessarily the machine quilting...which is OK....but the hands-on, hand quilting. Very soothing-very comforting...very cozy to be holding a nice warm blanky on your lap as you quilt it!

7 comments:

Siobhán said...

Oh, wow. Wow wow wow wow. I had to click on the pic so I could gawk--I mean, look--close up. I'd love it if you took a pic of the whole quilt top--what I can see is SO pretty. I also used to quilt but got back into stitching about 10 years or so ago and haven't done much quilting since. I do miss it, and I've recently been jonesing for some applique. Anyhoo, thanks for sharing--lovely work.

Siobhán said...

I went through & read some of your older entries & found the quilt top. B-E-A-Utiful!!

Giovanna said...

Ooooh, that is sooo pretty! Love the little red bird.

Olwen said...

Fabulous - you are such a talented stitcher!

Ineke said...

Amazing! All those perfect very tiny quilt stitches! Beautiful colours too. Is there a pic of the whole quilt somewhere?

Deb said...

Oh, I love your quilt top! I give you tons of credit quilting them yourself. I like the actual quilting, but I find it takes away from stitching so I send them out. Not quite as nice as a hand quilted quilt. I do love the pattern.

Anne Marieke said...

That's beautiful, Michele! You're on a roll again! :o)