.....it all began with one thread....















Friday, January 15, 2010

Empty


Funny word to start, isn't it? On my reindeer quilt I have two "empty" boxes. These were created by trying to make everything fit together with all the different size reindeer and the sleigh. There is one next to Rundolph and one at the upper left. I decided to add a few words in those boxes. Here are the ones next to Rudolph.

Lots of backstitching, but I like it. I was originally going to use a reddish thread, but thought that there was so much going on already in this quilt to make it a bit more simple and (not quite) blend in with the overall quilt. (I did try to erase the pencil lines with a fabric eraser....looks like I have to try a bit harder!)


**Just a note - If you want to leave an "anonymous" post....at least have the courtesy to sign your name. If not, I will probably delete it. I really do not want to have to resort to restricting who gets to comment. Thank you.**

7 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

That is just SO beautiful, Michele. Great idea and great stitching.

Your Reindeer Quilt is going to be a Master Piece.

Enjoy the journey!

Meadows08 said...

What a great idea! I love the colour you chose and your stitching looks really pretty.

corinna said...

very creative and fun
the colors are great too
cool and frolicsome :0)

Isabelle said...

It is really a great and beautiful idea for your quilt , Michele :-))

Gabi said...

What a great idea Michele. You have a good eye for colors.
Are you going to do Bunny Hill "Snowbound" as well? That would be fun. I'm going to bite the bullet and have my first try at applique at that one. (while I will have your email with your tips handy...lol)

Karen said...

Very cute idea!

Michele said...

THanks, everyone! I really appreciate all the friendly support! :)