.....it all began with one thread....















Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Walla Walla



Yep ~ that's this kitty's name - Walla Wall Kitty...part of a Garden Kitty series...
This is my first attempt at fusible applique...the kitty is ready to have all his pieces stitched permanently to the fabric. I purchased the fabric kit for the pattern from Bears Paw fabrics. I'm pretty happy with my results, so far! Now to get him stitched down!

I know...I know...more quilting...but I guess I did not realize how much I missed it.;)
This is all in preparation for a gorgeous applique quilt by McKenna Ryan called Forest Hollow. I just absolutely love all the owls, squirrels and mice...(and I am not a nature-type person, per se)... Forest Hollow
Now~tell me that is not gorgeous! And McKenna Ryan designs her own fabrics for these quilts!

4 comments:

Chiloe said...

Cute kitty ;-)

Anne Marieke said...

Ooooh, that was fast, Michele! She (or he?) is gorgeous. That Steam-a-Seam works a treat by the look of things.

Deb said...

Very nice - love the purple kitty! And I like fusible applique so much better than hand applique - quicker!

Anonymous said...

Lovely work! And Forest Hollow will be just gorgeous!