.....it all began with one thread....















Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fused

Today I spent the afternoon playing with the first block on my quilt kit, All Cooped Up by McKenna Ryan.  This is the first rooster block, called "You're So Vane."  This will get machine appliqued in place; right now, the pieces are just fused to the background fabric with fusible web.

The fabrics for this quilt are batiks from Hoffman Fabricis.  Absolutely gorgeous!  Don't you just love the chicken wire fabric?  (The rooster's eye will be embroidered after the quilt is all together.)

7 comments:

Berit said...

I completely love this; I'm such a fan of both batik and "chain link fence as a design element" (I know, that second one's strange, but absolutely true!

Blu said...

Wow! That is gorgeous! The fabrics are amazing.

Giovanna said...

What a gorgeous rooster!

Poussy Stitches My Love said...

Hello I write you of FRANCE, I like very much your blog, and I put you in my links on my blog, I hope to see you soon
Best regards marylin and poussy

Anne Marieke said...

What a handsome rooster you've got there.

McKenna's fabrics really are beautiful.

Deb said...

I think that your rooster is absolutely amazing!!!

Ineke said...

Beautiful fabrics! And a gorgeous rooster you got!