.....it all began with one thread....















Friday, January 14, 2011

Shhhh.....

"Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house, not a creature was stirring; not even a mouse."

Well...evidently, this little guy did not read the story! ;)  Look at him in his little jammies. Too cute, huh?  And here is the entire block with some of the pretty fabrics from Le Petite Ecole  (OK, I didn't take French and looked it up...it means Little School).
A few changes from the pattern...I stitched his tail, instead of just an outline.  The letters were straight backstitch in the photos.  The pattern sheet showed the letters with a "font" style.   I used one strand of embroidery floss and a split stitch for those. 

4 comments:

Anne Marieke said...

That is so cute! Great work, Michele!

I cannot wait for my block to arrive. Stalking the postie as from now.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

OMG, that is adorable!! Absolutely charming!

Belén said...

Hola, te ha quedado muy bonito!!
Yo lo he comprado y estoy esperando que me lo manden para hacerlo.
Tienes un blog muy bonito, me gusta mucho.
Mis felicitaciones.
Un saludo

Lolastitchida said...

It is so adorable. Did you do freezer paper applique?