.....it all began with one thread....















Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fernhill

I know..I know...where the heck did I go?  I have been having a few of those days where I have not been able to decide what to do next....so darn many projects...and definitely not enough time!  Usually when I am feeling overwhelmed like this, I work on something totally different.  That's exactly what I did!

I had joined Lynette Anderson's latest BOM, called Fernhill, a few months back.  I had barely started the stitching for the first block.  But...now I can say that Block 1 is done!  Take a peek:




Lots and lots of little tiny leaves.  I used threads that were a close match to the recommended threads, or the recommended ones, if I had them.  The only big change was for the leaves.  I used Threadgather's Silk'n Colors Autumn Leaves.

Onto Block 2, which has a very cute squirrel button.




6 comments:

Madammeke Ongeduld said...

beautiful work I love that

Karen said...

The thread for the leaves is a very good choice. I can see that the buttons really add to the design.

Carrie P. said...

cute!

Giovanna said...

That is so pretty!

Siobhán said...

Very pretty!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

What an adorable block! Well done!