.....it all began with one thread....















Tuesday, August 7, 2012

An oldie...

Remember the bird with the Japanese fabrics?  Well....here's the very large center block for the My
Tweets project that was offered last year from Erin Russek.  I had decided not to do the entire quilt, only the large center block.  If you checked the link, you saw how Erin used a lot of very bright colors for her version.  After looking through the photos of all the WIP's, I decided that one of the ones I liked best was done with Japanese fabrics. 

My version of the center block is done mainly with browns, black, greys and dark greens with a few accents of the medium rose and gold.  I think I am going to finish this into a wallhanging by adding a border with a variety of the Japanese fabrics.

Here's (almost) the entire center block:

8 comments:

baukje said...

I really love your's!!!

Kelli said...

Very nicely done! I have a friend who is doing it in batiks but I'm a "dark color" girl and yours is perfect!

Sandi said...

What a lovely version you've made, it looks very old world!

Nice to see things done in different pallates than the original.

Lynette said...

Nice colorway for this project. :) I've got the My Tweets patterns all meticulously saved for when I can start that one. You did a nice job with yours.

Anne Marieke said...

That's beautiful, Michele! The Japanese fabrics work really well for My Tweets.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I love this verison--what a wonderful color play you did here!!!
I did download some of hers--but decided the brights even though very beautiful where not me--now I have to relook at them--thanks for sharing this with us!
Hugs,Di and miss gracie

Patty C. said...

This is just breathtaking !!!!

Glenda said...

Lovely lovely colours Michele, this is a stunning block. I also love the colours you may use for the embroidery you are working on of Annette's quilt. You have been SOOOOO busy lately it has been fun watching them all grow. Cheers Glenda