.....it all began with one thread....















Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My nutcracker has a new friend!


My nutcracker looks very happy to have a new friend!:))

  Count me happy, too, with a fun finish! My new Advent Angel by Robin Betterley for Wilmington Fabrics.  http://greatamericanquilt.com/store/choirofangels.html  She starts out as a flat panel of fabric.  Pretty much everything is included, except for her hair, chenille stems, interfacing and stuffing. (A few of the extras are what I visited Joanne Fabrics for yesterday.)   For approximately $15-$20 (I did get the panel fabric on sale for about $7.00), all that turns into this:
She has 24 little pockets to hold candies, trinkets and treasures for Advent.  She is holding #25 made into a little bag in her hands.  She is not a complete doll.  Her lower body rests in the top of a quart Mason jar (which, I am thinking, would be a good place to keep all that extra candy!)

I am thrilled with how she turned out.  Since today is the first of December, I better get cracking and fill her up with some treats! 

Happy December!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

She turned out beautifully, Michele! Now Nutter won't be sad and lonely witing for Christmas...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Siobhán said...

What a neat finish, Michele! You go girl!!